On Saturday, my husband and I went over to one of the local Whole Foods stores to see legendary health crusader Patricia Bragg speak on the topic of longevity and good health. This is an 85-year-old woman who has done public speaking all over the world since she was a young adult. I loved watching Patricia do the types of behaviors I advise my clients to take on in order to be the best speaker they can be.
Ah ha! I must be on to something! For your benefit, I give you:
“The Top 5 Things Patricia Did and Probably has Always Done That Makes Her a Success”
- She wasn’t concerned about the number of people in the audience, but rather only about making sure to educate and inspire each one of us.
- She has no ounce of “diva” in her. She didn’t make the event or any of the related activities about her. ON HER OWN, she moved chairs, handed out brochures, schlepped books, and kept her own time.
- She was so personable, so relatable. She interacted with all in attendance, shared personal stories, and brought us content we could put into action right away (like uncrossing our legs… which she called me on twice).
- She brought her products and books up at the end of her talk to show us, but without giving us the “hard” sell. She just letting us know they were there and that we could benefit in investing in them… investing in our health. She had us WANT to INVEST in us.
- When I asked to get a picture with her, she made sure to get her book in the photo in such an adorable and fun way! Class product placement!